Say Mac & Cheese!

In defiance of National Salad Month, I am going to give you the secret to making photograph-worthy Macaroni and Cheese. I mean, because of you all, Nanny Goats In Panties has risen to #4 on the Sacramento Top 25, so the least we can do here is share one of our all-time favorites. And just in time for summer, too!

First make some macaroni and cheese and throw the leftovers in the fridge.

Two or three days later, remove leftovers from fridge and put in a microwave safe bowl.

Set timer to something that is clearly way too long, push the START button and walk away.

Remove this from the microwave:

I don’t know if everyone can see this. Mortimer? (Mortimer’s our cameraman). Mortimer, if you could just zoom in here, so we can all see just how much texture there is here…

Mmmmmm. And the great part about this is, it comes right out of the bowl with no trouble at all. Talk about your hassle-free recipe!

You can probably put your bowl right back in the cupboard after that smooth removal!

So, now that you’ve got your hockey-puck of a disaster delicious meal prepared, you need to find a circular container, preferably stainless steel. I like to add some orange rind for a little zing:

And you’ve got yourself a tasty delight! Now, didn’t I tell you it was photograph-worthy?

Oh, that reminds me, did you know that May is also Fungal Infection Awareness Month ?

1. Margaret says:

Violette: Yes. Yes it did. 🙂

2. violetteb says:

Look what you did to that mac N cheese! Microwaves are very unkind to mac N cheese. Fess up, did the mac N cheese come out of a box? LOL

3. My mac&cheese? Stouffers. It’s delicious.

4. Margaret says:

Tricia: Nanny Goats In Panties came from a writing course I took at UCLA (from Aimee Bender, if you’re reading this, merlotmom) where we cut up words and threw them together to make random phrases and one came up “A Thousand Nanny Goats In Panties”. The rest is history.

5. melly says:

Well, move over Julia Child!
    I can see it now “Nanny Goats in Panties Cook for You”. See, I’d even buy the cookbook.
    I appreciate how you didn’t have to wash the bowl after. Priceless.

6. Tricia says:

I’m not sure how I ended up here. A link from a link from a link, as it should be, and I just have to tell you that every time I read Nanny Goats in Panties, I laugh out loud. Where did you ever come up with that?

7. Ann says:

LOL!!! That Mac-n-Cheese is the most beautiful, sublime, mouth watering dish ever – and the presentation? Culinary masterpiece! 🙂

8. Jan says:

Well, that just put ALL my recipe postings to shame.
    You culinary wunderkind, you.

9. fungal infection awareness month? ewww…
    smiles, bee