Wanna Flick My Bic? I Got a Million of ‘Em

Instead, I stoically thanked her, closed the door and burst into my office looking for the scissors. Boy, oh boy – they’re here! They’re here!

Wanna see?

single Nanny Goats in Panties pen

There’s just one thing…

Box of 300 pens

They required a minimum order. You know, like drinks at a comedy club. Only I had to buy more than two pens.

I’m gonna be giving away goat pens until the cows come home.

In an effort to begin passing these out, the first 10 people to say “I want an NGIP pen” or something closely resembling it, I will happily send you one. Heck, I’ll even send you two! No, seriously. That box? 300 pens.

I might also add that these are good pens, as in, pens that work. Not those crappy free pens that your insurance agent sends you with that useless calendar/refrigerator-magnet/bottle-opener/4-inch-ruler combo thingee. I knew I had ordered good pens. How? Because Stimey over at Stimeyland gave me one of hers at the BlogHer conference a few weeks ago and I begged her to tell me where she got hers.

So that’s how I knew.

Anyway, you first 10 people showing the slightest interest in an NGIP pen, just make sure you leave your email address in that first part of the comment form (which is invisible to everyone but me) and we’ll coordinate shipping. If I normally see you in real life, you don’t need to say you want one because I will be giving you one (or twelve) the next time I see you whether you want one (or twelve) or not because: 1) 300 pens, and 2) That’s a lot of pens.

{UPDATE: Due to popular demand, corporate has just authorized me to send out a pen to anybody that wants one, so in the words of Oprah….”EVERYBODY GETS A PEN!!!! EVERYBODY GETS A PEN!!!!” }

frilly pink panties

Heading for Thank You letters

I would like to thank Kathcom over at Magick Sandwich for not giving me an award. No, really. She totally passed me over and I could just kiss her.

1. […] Nanny Goats pen came apart in 3 pieces, fell onto floor, and I was still able to put it back together. […]

2. Cybershaman says:

PS: I retweeted too! 😀

3. Cybershaman says:

I guess I should read directions before emailing instead of commenting for…

AN AWESOME PEN ABOUT NANNY GOATS IN PANTIES!!! w00t! 😛

4. Mee2 says:

Okay. I know this post is old. But I just saw it. You can thank the girl who does stuff so we don't have to. I love pens. I collect pens. I am a pen whore. These are AWESOME emmer-effing pens. I'm trying to censor myself, but it's not going so well. I really want to say the F word since I'm so excited there might be one small chance in….well you know…for me to actually get one of these pens. Haha!!

5. Nanny Goats In Panties says:

Eunoia – HA! I think that was the exclamation marks that did that. I can see how that would happen.

6. Eunoia says:

"Everybody gets a pen" is what Oprah said.

I parsed that as :-
    "Everybody gets a penis" (what Oprah said) 😉

Oops!

7. kathcom says:

But but but…you don't accept meme awards! Ah, jeez. Now I feel bad. Thanks for the mention, though. Nice pens, by the way.

8. Mad Woman says:

Cool pens….and now there is no downside of having too many, cos everyone loves you!!

9. mannequin says:

Thank you, thank you! I got two big fat bics in the mail! Thank you, I love free stuff from goats.

10. Nancy Haitsuka says:

“I want an NGIP pen!!

11. Susan says:

I would like a pen. Do you have any left?

12. Tracy says:

Oooh I got my two pens! And I was totally going to leave one at the library by the internet access computers so the kids would visit NGIP instead of all the WWF crap I always see them looking at when I walk by but I forgot. But I’ll do it on Wednesday when I go for story time!

13. Amanda says:

After someone that I subscribe to posted that your pen was the best thing they received in the mail all week, I had to check out your blog. It’s fabulous! Thanks for the laughs 🙂
    If you still have a pen to spare, I’d love one!
    oheeyore at hotmail dot com

14. SeaofSapphires says:

I love your blog and I would love a pen! Since I adore goats and pens, I think it would make my day!
    My email is
    seaofsapphires(at)yahoo(dot)com
    Thanks bunches!
    Jen
    P.S. You flippin crack me up!

15. Cyndi says:

By my calculations (which are, thanks for asking, 300 pens – 93 goat fans begging for swag with duplicate posts canceling greedy basterds who want more than one pen), there are 207 pens up for grabs. At least I hope so. Because I would love one (just one), mainly to make my coworkers jealous. Because, really, isn’t that what it’s all about?

16. I totally want a pen. Pretty please? With goat’s milk fudge on top?
    (Look, I can write a *brief* comment when the urge strikes me!) 😉

17. goatgirl says:

I would love a pen please.

18. jill watkins says:

I would love a NGIP pen!
    jill.watkins@gmail.com

19. Laura says:

Whoops! Hit publish too soon. I. want. a. pen.

20. Laura says:

I have a pen fetish. Don’t say that word to me if you’re just teasing!

21. Jen says:

I want one too!

22. Oooh me, me, me! I want a NGIP pen!

23. Carolyn Bahm says:

Sweeeeeeet! Pens arrived last night, and I’ll put them up for grabs on the swag table at SocialCamp Memphis on Sept. 19. I can vouch for the fact that NGIP pens are uber-cool. (Hmm, one of them MIGHT want to linger around my house. Say, in my purse.)
    Thanks again!

24. Steph says:

ugh, I fell behind on my blogs and didn’t see this one in time! I soooo need a pen. I’ll show it to all my Central Coast coworkers and it will send lots of traffic to your blog. You know you want to… 😉

25. mizmell says:

Love the idea of pens. Could you spare one (or two) for me?

26. gratefulmama says:

Me too, me too!

27. Jessi says:

Lmao! Looks like a great conversation starter if left on the coffee table, hehe.

28. Anna says:

This is really hilarious! I love it! I want a NGIP pen, actually, could I have hmm, three, one for me, and one for each of my parents who actually DO raise goats? Thanks!
    Anna
    P.S. If you only want to send me one, I understand, I’ll be passing your blog addy on to them anyway.

29. Katie says:

Me too! I want a NGIP pen! Pretty please with sugar on top?

30. mpstewart says:

Hells yes I want a pen. Oops, I meant please may I have a pen?

31. In the words of Horshack (Welcome Back, Kotter), OO, OO, OO, OO {raises hand extremely enthusiastically}… I would LOVE a pen… I have this office supply fettish, I collect pens and notepads… But I do have a touch of CDO ~~ You know, that’s like OCD… but it’s alphabetical…… as it SHOULD be!!!
    Thanks for the offer — you’re the greatest, bestest, funniest, most intelligent, coolest blog in the WORLD!! (enought sucking up??? YES???)

32. Melodie says:

Yeah! I can still get a pen!!!!When I first read this post I was like # 30 an disappointed I missed out.So can I get one please ?

33. Melly says:

Do I want a pen? Yes..yes I do.

34. WeaselMomma says:

How very cool that you have your own pens and that you got someone else to pay for them! Nice Work.

35. Phillipia says:

I hope I am not too late…I wanna pen, please….

36. Keith says:

I just want free things…. Thanks!

37. OHHHHH I NEED a NGIP Pen for my pen collection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

38. Kristy H says:

I’d love a Nanny Goat pen if they’re still available!
    I love, love, love pens, its crazy, I know! But give me a good pen and I’m a happy camper!

39. A Tired Wife says:

I NEED a pen.
    I need a pen to write down all the stuff I’m supposed to do, but then forget what I’m supposed to do.
    Perhaps a Nanny Goat pen will help me remember. And if it doesn’t, it will still be oh so very special to me.

40. ettarose says:

All righty then. First thing is I would LOVE to have one of your pens. It would be so uber cool to have a Nanny Goat pen. Second, you may be wondering why I have not commented in a while and that is something I will tell you in private. There is no sense in opening my mouth and proving what a dumb ass I really am.

41. June says:

Yes! Yes, I would love a NGIP pen!!! Where do we get t-shirts too?

42. Collette says:

I am a pen freak! I would be honored to have a pen or few from NGIP! Let me know what I need to do, short of standing on my head. I’ll just fall over…LOL! YAY! I love them!

43. Kerry Kirby says:

Oh I so want one, or two, or three, pens that is … I am going to have to get you a picture of some Alaskan goats up here. Each time I see them I never have the camera!!!

44. Holly says:

I can has penz?? Thankz!!

45. Badger Momma says:

Me too, me too. Please, may I have a NGIP pen???

46. Winter says:

Maaaay I have a pen? (did that sound like a goat? I was going for something goat like. Was it convincing? Hello?)

47. mannequin says:

I wanna pen! I wanna pen! I love free goat stuff, I practically live for free goat stuff.

48. ByJane says:

I take five of your NGIP pens and raise you 10 of my MLB pencils!

49. Tami says:

OMG, OMG, OMG, I want I want I want I want a bic, I mean a pen. Oh please. I mean pretty please with cherries and whipped cream on top.
    I want a goat pen….I want a goat pen!
    SQUEE!
    Tami

50. Braja says:

A pen???I want pink frilly goat panties~!!!

51. “I want an NGIP pen” or something closely resembling it!

52. Mike S says:

Old Injun could use pen to decorate lodge walls in Maine winter. Sounds better than trying for world record for inside snowball stacking, which has been passtime until Mrs pointed out that all I got was wet lodge floor waiting for dogsled with Guinness rep.
    Been wondering, will goats be good sled animals? Seem to be less finicky than dogs about menu.
    If got extra pen, wife wants bullet hole in lodge roof plugged. If know good source for cold-weather goats that’d be helpful.

53. Baba says:

Oh I would love a pen! Thank you!

54. Val Pearson says:

OMG! This is too funny! How did you know I needed a laugh today? Jumping up and down. PLEASE can I have a NGIP PEN??
    I promise to use it for only slightly less than evil purposes.
    lastnerve2000@gmail.com

55. Vicki says:

“I want an NGIP pen”
    I never met a pen I didn’t like!!!
    No, seriously, I LOVE ME SOME PENS!!!!
    lelou2 AT ymail DOT com

56. Stimey says:

I wanna pen! I wanna pen!
    Trust me, you are never going to run out of those things. I still have, like 150 of mine.
    Did you jump up and down when you opened the box? I did when I opened mine.
    But the really great thing is you will never again be like, “Where is a pen?” because you have a gajillion of them.

57. Melissa Kindel says:

w00ty w00t w00t!! I didn’t comment yesterday because I was so woeful that I’d missed the #10 cut-off 🙁 I’ll trade ya some Pepper Jelly for a pen??
    hug hug kiss kiss

58. Nancy says:

I’d love an NGIP pen! Thanks!

Oooh, if the publicist hadn’t been off doing her volunteer bit at the food bank and ignoring us goats you know she would have been in the top ten. She is glad to know she can have a pen anyway. She will use when writing thank you notes for orders of my rich soap.
    I am not famous enough for my own pen but I do have my own sticker. Kids love my stickers. I will happily trade you my sticker for your pen. Kinda like kindergarten.

60. purplefrog says:

“I want an NGIP pen” pretty please with purple froggies on top?

61. Connie says:

Everybody gets Depends!!!!
    Yay!!!

62. Leslie says:

“I want an NGIP pen” Please!
    Thanks 🙂

63. Becky says:

Heck ya! I neeeeeeeeeed one of your super spiffy pens.
    I’ll even send a dollar to defray cost of shipping.
    Lord knows I need a reason to rush to the mailbox in anticipation hoping, just hoping, that today will be the day that my NGIP pen arrives. I’m sure this will be even more exciting than an Orphan Annie decoder ring OR Jr. Birdman Wings.

64. dognutmom says:

Oooh, I would love a NGIP pen.
    In return, I will take a picture of a street sign for a little road way out in the back of the beyond that I pass once a week … Nanny Goat Hill.

65. Ronnica says:

This is hilarious! I want a NGIP pen! Though I’m afraid you might put me IN a goat pen…

66. Sparky says:

I remember when I had my bookeeping business how excited I was when my personalized pens arrived. I felt “Official” or something. So congrats! I hope this doesn’t cost you a fortune in postage?! Congrats! 🙂

67. CaySedai says:

“I want an NGIP pen”
    I want two! I’ll give one to my boss, who had to find a new home for her four miniature goats when somebody complained to the city. (She had checked with the city before she got them.)

68. Vickie Riddle says:

It took me this long to find the comment form naaaaaanaaaaaaanaaaaaaa I want an NGIP pen, pretty please!!

69. Amy B. says:

I would like a pen..thank you..

70. Betty says:

37? how can 37 people already be in line for a pen when the email just this minute downloaded. ah well to echo the crowd in front of me, I’d really like one of your pens

71. Katie says:

I’d love to be the first person on my block to have a nanny goats in panties pen to show everyone.
    Oh well, if you see my friend, Dave, give him one, will you?

72. Nooter says:

“I sprung up from the chair and bounced to the door barking like crazy, nearly peeing on the tile entryway when the FedEx gal rang my bell yesterday. I wanted to knock her down and lick her face when she asked me to sign for the package I was expecting.”
    OH! I DO THAT TOO!
    anyway, never mind the pen, i still want to get one pair of those panties. i will mix them in with the humans other undercrackers (new word i just learned) and watch as the hilarity ensues!

73. Michelle says:

Well since Tracy posted like 85 times maybe we’re really only at ten? The pens look great!

74. KathyB! says:

It’s the little stuff in life.
    Love that you found the restraint to avoid knocking the delivery woman to the ground in your quest to get your hands on the pens.
    And they look awesome 🙂

75. Roxane says:

I NEED A PEN!!! or 5… can you also include a small goat?!

76. DANG!
    NOW who’s barking and peeing — in frustration!
    I see I am too late. BUT! I will settle for the name and/or URL of the place you got the pens. For, you see, I would like my own 300 pens that I can give out. Because lookit your comments! They’re so cute! Everyone wants a NGIP pen! They’re desperate.
    Nice job.

77. Annette says:

Well, dang – looks like I’m a day late and a dollar short! But I’ll say it anyway…
    “I want an NGIP pen!”
    I don’t suppose you’ll tell us your source, in case any of us ever needs a few hundred pens….?

78. Aw. I’m outta luck. That’s OK. I’ve switched to word processing anyway.

79. THE GUYS says:

Love the pens and your sense of humor!

80. Wayne says:

I’m a bit late here, but if you decide to send out some more I’ll take one. Not that I really need more. There are at least 30 pens around the house from my wife’s clinic. Yours are pretty cool, though.

81. Bobbi says:

If I tell you I’d very much like to “flick your bic”, can I have one?

82. Laurie says:

Nice pens! I’m not even gonna ask for one. But they’re lovely, truly they are. I’m sure they are ever so much nicer in person….though I’ll never know. (sniffle)

83. Congrats on not getting an award. Very cool. 🙂

84. Oh fudge and lemonade! I am comment number 24. No NGIP pen for you, Diary. Even though you would take it to chic NY locales like the Stop and Shop, The Smithaven Mall (yeah, you heard me) and my super exclusive gray office building. By being number 24, we have denied that NGIP pen the world travel it so richly deserves. I’ll leave it to you to tell pen number 290 that it WILL NOT be going on a junket to NY.

85. Suzy says:

I’m number 23 but I demand one anyway! I swear just this morning I was stomping around shouting WHERE ARE ALL MY PENS?
    I was very sad.

86. CatLadyLarew says:

Oh, no! I’m too late to get one of your pens. 🙁
    *Sad face*

87. Nancy Straka says:

ME ME ME PLEASE?? I want an NGIP pen.

88. Lisa says:

Aww, come on only 10? I want one. I’ll trade ya. I don’t know what but it’ll be nice, I promise.
    Smiles,
    Lisa

89. Scott says:

Oh I would love one! But if you don’t have any left, well…sigh. I suppose I’ll live without one. Everyone I know will have one. I know it.

90. Julie says:

I have a pen addiction. I have more pens than I could ever possibly need. That being said, if you need to unload more NGIP pens, I’d be happy to assist you.

91. Ooohhh… Pens? I could use a good pen for my office. All the ones around here don’t write so well 🙂

92. NGIP pen? What about if I put on sad puppy eyes? Even though I’m number 12? *sniff*

93. ole bobo says:

when i first got on this thing, i tried writen on this here screen, with a pen, bess, won’t let me have no more pens in here.

94. Kristina P. says:

Dammit! I want a pen!

95. Beth says:

I LOVE pens. I’m a complete pen snob. What a great idea to order with your blog info.
    You are official now. Officially with pens.

96. Rebecca says:

So my first comment didn’t show up – but I still want a pen, someone in WV needs a NGIP pen – please don’t leave us out, we really are a state ;)!

97. Rebecca says:

Am I early enough to get a pen – I would love one!!

98. Jo says:

::Raises hand for an NGIP pen::
    😀

99. RedRaider says:

I want a NGIP pen! Super cool. I don’t think you’ll have too much trouble giving out 300 pens. Seriously, people will take them off of your hands.

100. FreaKeroppi says:

Psh. So I don’t have to say I want one then? Alright. Next time you’re over, bring one (or twelve).

101. Jesa McGinty-Green says:

If I was ever-so-lucky as to receive a pen, it would be the happiest pen in NC. I would hug it and kiss it and name it george…No, I won’t do that, but it would be really nice to get mail that isn’t a bill for once:(

102. Well yee haw. I’d be happy to take 1 (or twelve). Gosh darn if I ain’t always lookin for a pen in my purse and never can find one. It might be that my purse is 20 lbs and full of crap (I mean important stuff).

103. Carolyn Bahm says:

Well, I’d be glad to take any you’re willing to give away for the “goodies table” at our upcoming SocialCampMemphis2. ;o) It’ll be overrun with enthusiastic social media types, about 100-150 estimated, Memphis, TN. Details at http://bit.ly/tcBYr and http://socialmem.eventbrite.com/.
    I know this is very greedy of me to ask — it’s just a thought. But hey — it’ll be a built-in media-savvy audience there for you. ;o)

104. Tracy says:

Okay, great now my comment shows up after I make a 2nd comment and now I look like a nutjob.
    Better send me two pens to make up for pain and suffering.

105. Tracy says:

Oh no, where did my comment go. I know I made one! Did you not approve it because you want to steal my brilliant idea of starting the blogger swag collecting craze then cashing out right before the bottom went out? That’s low!
    Anyway, I want a pen so I can start with part one of my 5 point plan to make millions off blogger issued pens.

106. Todder says:

I want an NGIP pen! Pretty Please!

107. Tracy says:

Oooh me, me, me! I want a NGIP pen!
    You know what would be awesome? If all the bloggers in the world printed out their own pens or magnets or whatnot and it became some huge hobby to collect them all and some of them (like mine) became very valuable and we all cashed in right before the blogger swag market went all Beanie Baby!
    Oooh, I am so off to make some swag.