Fresh & Easy: There’s a New Market in Town

bejeweled blitz, facebook gamesTrying to beat Kathy (of The Junk Drawer) in that stupid Bejeweled Blitz game is like trying to stick my elbow in my ear…I’ve only done it once. And I can’t remember how I did it the last time.

But that’s not why I called this meeting. No, I wanted to tell you about this exclusive invite-only launch party that I went to.

In Sacramento.

I know! Who has exclusive invite-only launch parties in Sacramento?

So, you can bet I donned my best toga and dreadlocks wig for this to-do.

And while the to-do was for the launch of Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Markets, it was held at the California History Museum. Where the lobby was dressed up to look like the parking lot of a Fresh & Easy market, I guess.

fresh & easy launch party, sacramento

And while they had great food, a ridiculously large cake…

fresh and easy market, logo cake

and plenty of people with which to mingle, we bloggers come for one thing and one thing only.

The swag.

fresh & easy

Sweet, blurry swag.

Ok, not really. At least not this time. Because this time, they had the next best thing to a swag bag and that was a Encore photo booth. (Courtesy of Encore)

My date and I climbed in and did what we do best.

Act like idiots.

Here is us at the launch party…

And here we are back in 1999:

Some things never change.

So, have any of you been to a Fresh & Easy market? If so, what do you think of it?

1. Joanna Jenkins says:

Ha!  Your “before” and “after” photos are a hoot.  I’m totally impressed you could find the old set :-)

There’s a Fresh and Easy about 30 minutes away, which as you know, in Los Angeles that means about 5 miles away, but I’ve never been inside… yet.

Sounds like a very cool party.

xo jj

1.  Yes, Joanna. In your neck of the woods, aka my old neck of the woods, a crow would get there faster than us in our cars.

2. Nora Blithe says:

I hate to complain but I think you made a slight tactical error.  Swag is sweet but cake is better.  You should always go for the CAKE and pick up the swag on your way out!

1.  But I did! And the cookies. And the bisque in shot glasses. All that before tracking down the swag bags hiding in some back closet so half the people missed out I think.

1. Nora Blithe says:

You had me at bisque in shot glasses!  What an awesome idea!

3. HatesGreenCake says:

We were trying to figure out why the launch party was at a museum too…the bf also pointed out for a grocery store they “sure are stingy with the cocktail food.” I had to laugh at that. The part that I thought was weird though was that their speeches were centered around how healthy the place is supposed to be and the swag was so unhealthy. Or maybe that’s healthy food in the UK?

1.  I know! A grocery store that doesn’t pile on the feed bag for us? What’s up with that? And that green frosting totally scared me. You’ll notice I took pictures BEFORE shoving the green stuff in my mouth.

Also, what’s so unhealthy about blueberry pancakes? ;)

4. No I have never been to a Fresh & Easy market and now I really wish we had one around here – cuz y’all sure look like you’re having a blast and who doesn’t want a bag of blurry swag?

PS: It’s IMPOSSIBLE to beat Kathy @ Bejeweled Blitz.

1.  I know! I see you and I both clawing at each other on the stupid ranking list to get at her.

1. I wave my white flag and call Uncle. Kathy wins. ALL THE TIME!

5. Junebug says:

Grrrr…Bejeweled ((shakes fist in air))

The events you go to look awesome!!!  I hope to be as cool as you one day.

1.  Aw, shucks you flatter me. You are one of the coolest, chica!

6. Hiddenmahala says:

If I ever get fired, that damned Bejeweled Blitz will be somehow involved. It never fails, spend all my coins on some uber boost and Bossholio walks in EVERY TIME. I’m not that concerned about getting caught, I’m more worried I’ll lose my mind and tell him he’ll have to take seat and wait until I finish.

Probably  not a good idea.

1.  If I ever die in a fiery plane crash, I’m sure Bejeweled Blitz will somehow be involved. I can’t imagine how, off-hand, but I plan on blaming BB for any demise of mine.

Oooooooh. Aaaaaaaaah. Were there any celebrities? I mean, besides you?

8. Slommler says:

Never been…and those pics are fabulous.  Looking good!!!  The both of you!!

9. Nope, I’m just thrilled we have a Wally~World in Tinytown!

Looked like you and your friend had a blast at the get together invite only kinda thingy.  Cute, Cute before and afters!

I found it funny that the event was to launch a Fresh and Easy Market yet it was held in a museum disguised as a Fresh and Easy.

God bless and have a grand weekend sweetie!!! :o)

10. Hey, who you callin’ fresh and easy? Oh wait…
    A sure sign that you’re a Big Time Blogger is getting invited to cool parties. Congratulations!

1.  Thanks! And it only took seven years. ;)

Were there apples?
    The publicist says she does not think they have them in Montana. The publicist says….never mind. You do not want to know what the publicist says about shopping in Montana.

That cake scares me a little bit.

1. That cake was huge! And green. Green frosting scares me.