Billboards in Sacramento and Buyer Beware

I took a photo of this downtown billboard last week, which, according to my calendar, fell in February (the week, not the billboard).

billboards, billboard ad rates, sacramento billboards

Billboard at 16th and S in downtown Sacramento during February

I took a picture of this same billboard late last summer:

billboards, billboard ad rates, sacramento billboards

Billboard at 16th & S in downtown Sacramento in Summer 2011

Actually, I took this 2nd picture last October – we had a very late Fall this year (the season, not the billboard). But that’s not the point.

The point is, do you have the same question I do? Does it involve the words, “seasonal discount”? Does it include the words “KFBK” and “getting the short end of the stick”?

1. And what about all the accidents from drivers who just have to stop their cars and get off in the middle of the highway, to find out exactly how they can hear it first!

1. Excellent point, BloggerFather! That sign is a disaster waiting to happen.

2. Joanna Jenkins says:

Billboards like that are why I’m glad I’m not in the advertising business anymore.
    xo jj

3. Hear it first but see it no more.

4. Jenjens31 says:

I could be wrong – but I believe that if it is a Clear Channel billboard, and KFBK is owned by Clear Channel, they only put advertisements of their own companies on the billboards when they don’t have paying customers to fill them.

But I do see your point :)

1.  Well if that’s true, then I guess they might not complain about it. Thanks for pointing out that possibility, Jen. :)

5. LuLu Kellogg says:

I’d be up a ladder fixin’ this issue! LOL

6. Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) says:

Oh didn’t ya know…summers billboard cost is half price!

Heeehehehe!

God bless ya and have a terrific Thursday!!!  :o)

All I see is a delicious snack in October and the lack thereof in February.
    The story of my goat life

8. Michael Golch says:

looks like it.

9. Erin says:

When I worked in advertising that was a constant problem, negotiating with the billboard owner to get the trees cut.  It’s a huge problem if it’s on a state highway, meaning the trees belong to the State of California and the billboard owner is not allowed to touch them.