Goat Things: Doping, Barking, and the Nacheez Winner

Advice Needed For Excessive Goat Bleating

Calling all goat farmers
I got an email the other day asking if I knew anything about “no bark collars”.

Because her goat is barking too much, obviously.

Okay, but seriously, it’s for excessive goat bleating. So I’m throwing it out to you lot, because quite honestly, I don’t know a dang thing about goats, let alone barking goats. But YOU do. So please help an inquiring mind. Have you ever heard of no bark collars, or heard of using them, or know if they work? Or do you have an alternative solution to excessive goat bleating? If it helps to know, this is a “non-descript pygmy or dwarf goat.” Any input or insight you have would be greatly appreciated in the comment section.

In The News: Colorado State Fair Champion Goat Busted for Doping

colorado state fair, goat doping

Image Credit: Pueblo Chieftain

I’m not even kidding, and this story, which was originally reported in the Pueblo Chieftain has captured the world’s attention.

The BBC is talking about it.

New Zealand is talking about it.

Even the Cycling News Forum is talking about it!

The champion goat from the Colorado State Fair, Theodore, was caught doping and was disqualified. When will goats learn to say no already? The family claims the food was tampered with while they were at the fair, but cheaters will say anything for the prize money, won’t they.

In Other Goat News….

Apparently there are racist goats in Switzerland. Or something like that.

Winner of Nacheez Giveaway

nacheez, vegan cheese sauceCongratulations to Janna of Thinkhouse Collective who won 2 delicious jars of Nacheez. Apologies to the rest of you for not winning. You can, however, still get some by visiting nacheez.com.

1. Rea says:

I really like the concept of this post and I feel that this is a very unique and rare information that you have managed to compile. It is quite interesting to read about this very rare topic.

2. Demi says:

Congratulations to the winner.Keep sharing with us in future too.

3. Demi says:

Congratulations to the winner.Keep sharing with us in future too.

4. Anonymous says:

Apparently no one told the goat that doping leads to schriveled little goat balls and then he can’t reproduce a possible prize winning heir.  Stupid goat, just say NO!

5. Slommler says:

I know of the barking collars for dogs?!  Are they the same thing?  They deliver a shock whenever the dog barks.  It hurts them…just saying!!!

6. Kathy says:

I think you made all this up. I can’t wrap my brain around any of it.

7. lgsquirrel says:

Goats on drugs? Racist goats?  I think it’s been all downhill since they started wearing panties!  It’s a slippery slope……..

Are you asking about the no-bark collar that gives off a “mild” electric shock? Years ago, when I was still married to the ex, we had a dog that barked incessantly when we left him alone. It nearly got us evicted. So we got the no bark collar. It was awful. Everytime he barked, he got zapped. He continued to bark anyway, and zapped himself so much, he lost control of his bodily functions. We never put it on him again. We found dog-sitters until we could find another apartment, one that was better insulated. I thought it was the cruelest thing ever invented. Sorry to be such a bummer, but it really was horrible.

Here’s sendin’ that wonderfully lucky  pant Janna a big old hillbilly  “CONGRATULATIONS”!!!  Enjoy your win!!!

Nope, ‘never heard of ‘no bark’ colors but could it be the same as a shock color which is used to discourage barking…( or any bad behavior)

Heck, I’d change my bad habits too if somebody stuck a collar that they could push a button on every time I made and oops and shocked the livin’ daylight outta me too!!!!

God bless ya and have a beautiful day sweetie!!!!   :o)

10. Lauren says:

Wow! Goats are sly dogs. It probably got the dope from Lance Armstrong’s dealer. Maybe dope makes them bark.

We goats would never willing be used for racist propaganda. They must have been drugged….

Congratulations to the winner

12. Congrats to Janna!!

And, silly goats, doping is for Juice Heads on the Jersey Shore.