Goat Thing of the Day: No Goats

In Kickapoo, Illinois, Jon and his wife moved onto a former goat farm and put up a “No Goats” sign as a joke (like my blog name, Nanny Goats in Panties). People started calling them No Goats (like how people just started calling me Nanny Goats).  The next thing you know, No Goats was a brand name and a logo and now they put it on everything. (Have I ever mentioned the NGIP Merch store?)

No Goats Racing logo

Jon has a NOGOATS license plate, No Goats clothes, and No Goats Racing! This logo below is based off of a picture of Jon in his go-kart. Everyone at the track calls him “No Goats”.

Awesome.

no goats racing logo

Goats In The News

I’m sure you already heard about this one, but if not, someone captured a picture of this dam in Italy

goats on dam italy

A closer look reveals some casual hangers-on.

italy goats dam close up

(Thanks, Nanc!)

And here’s a page from the Nanny Goats in Panties Calendar showing a photo taken by photographer and artist Daniela Muhawi from Seafood Punch. (Daniela is also the creator of my new logo in the upper left-hand corner.) She also has a site called Squishy Monsters.

ngip cal 2011 August sample

You can order your NGIP 2011 Calendar from Zazzle and pay extra for shipping, or since I have a pile of them in my office, you can order one from me for $14.00 which includes shipping – just send me an email to work out the details. The latter offer goes while supplies last.

1. Jggaston says:

Gravity defying, it seems to me and truly amazing to watch.

2. Maelstrom says:

I’m with Fragrant, I’m interested to know how many bodies are at the bottom.

3. Pseudo says:

I have vertigo just looking at the photo of the dam cliff with goats.

4. isn’t it funny/interesting how something as little as a sign “No Goats” can turn into so much more?!

5. Jennifer says:

Those dam goats are totally freaking me out.

6. T.J. says:

see now, I love goats and I think they are quite intelligent, but why do they insist on hanging out on a dam? I mean, Alpine mountains are one thing- there’s at least vegetation here and there, but a concrete dam?!

7. Liz says:

How on earth did those goats get up there? Aren’t you fearing for their lives as you look at that photo?!?!

8. Slommler says:

Those goats hanging on the side of that dam are amazing!! Talk about determination!! Sheesh!!

9. I had seen the climbing goats picture in an email… isn’t that AMAZING!!!

10. Anonymous says:

Holy Alpine Goats, Batman! That photo of the goats on that dam is incredible. And gives me the heebie jeebies. I can’t look at it for more than five seconds without wondering if anybody has mishoofed it and tumbled down. Yeah. Heebie jeebies. But also pretty awesome that they can do that.

I would like a No Abby Farm if you could arrange that please.
    Otherwise I wish I were that agile but I am an old goat now.

12. That settles it. I’m getting a goat.

13. Anna Lefler says:

I like your new logo! 🙂

I love your new logo. It’s adorable. That photo of the goats on the dam is mind-blowing. There’s got to be one goat out there saying, “Who’s dumb ass idea was this?”

15. Lanita Moss says:

About the Italian goats? All I can say is, “Holy shit!”

16. Sue says:

You know some loser is going to try and walk across that damn now, it’s only a matter of time. Those goats totally rock. HA!

How cool are those No Goats logos???

I’ve always loved a great cliffhanger but every time I see this it totally amazes me! I’m amused on how the heck can they do that??? I just want to send them all little goatie parachutes!

Ya’ll have a fantastically blessed and beautiful weekend!!!