Goat Thing of the Day: Haiti

Sometimes I just drown in the goat stuff you guys send me. So while I did save this first photo, I can’t for the life of me find its source link, although I do know that it was in some Florida newspaper, it was about goats going to help Haiti and that the photo was taken by one David Tucker. Oh, and that it was sent to me by my friend Dane.

this goat is going to Haiti
Hello there!

Goats sure like to ham, don’t they? Or is it pigs?

Anyway, if we’re on the subject of Haiti (and I believe we are), Owen from Magic Lantern went to Haiti in 1997 and showed me his goat photos like this piece of Haitian folk art made of iron:

Haitian folk art (iron goat)
I know what you’re going to ask and I’m going to go with uh, a butterfly?

Owen also has a photo that’s somewhat Halloween appropro (unless Haiti doesn’t celebrate it), but who knew goats could be grave robbers, or grave grazers, or whatever it is they’re doing playing around in a cemetery?

Goats in Haitian graveyard

1. Butterfly??? YEAH, RIGHT!! I’ll go with that….
    You end up with the cutest pictures.
    Thanks for always sharing, I love coming over here for a sile!

2. What butterfly? I don’t see a butterfly.

3. Owen says:

Just saw a couple of nice goat pics over at :
    They seem to be in a mixed species couple though… not sure what the offspring of such a union might be called… shoats ? geep ?
    ;-D

4. Waltsense says:

Never knew the love of goats.
    this guy who frequents my site runs ultimategoatfansite.com and if you wish to see goat freaks – this is your site. I was telling a co-worker about this the other day and boom – she mentions she has 5 goats out on her farm. Next thing you know I’m sending her pics to the site. The goats have a great market but the panties will always win out!

5. swirl girl says:

I had a good goat picture to take – at the petting zoo slash pumpkin patch thing they erect each year around here.
    But as I got ready to snap the shot …the goat was ‘doing his business’ right there where the kids were petting him. And I was all ‘eewww’ and just couldn’t do it.
    He didn’t seem to mind, though.

6. Tracy says:

LOL – too funny!

7. THE GUYS says:

We’re always amazed at all the new goat pics you have here!
    Love the folk art on this post!

Butterfly? Heeeeheeehe! Your talkin’ to and old farm chick here. Somebody had a big imagination or wishful thinkin’ one. The dark goat are just grave grazin’, it makes upkeep maintenance much easier for the groundkeeper.
    Ya’ll have a great day!

9. Mad Woman says:

I love the pics of the goats that you share.

10. goats helping the haitians. well, I must admit I never would have predicted that. love the grave-robbing goats though. perfect for the holiday!

11. There is something about that first picture that makes me feel like it is a still from a rap video. Is that DJ Goatcheese?

12. anymommy says:

An udder?? Butterfly totally works.
    Okay, this is going to be obnoxious, but I can’t help it, your post is so TIMELY and it’s about HAITI and, um, um, yeah, I said it was obnoxious.
    My gorgeous daughter is Haitian…does that make it better?
    The project Love ‘N Haiti is up for the World Challenge. Voting is open until November 13.

13. Bobbi says:

Who knew goats were so popular the world over!
    That first picture is great!

14. vodkamom says:

i loved them. The first goat in particular!

15. Dale Ottley says:

Uh, yeah, sure youbetcha that’s a butterfly. Um,humm…

Hmmm, I am wondering how I can become a world traveler. I think SpokesGoats should get out and about. But I am thinking Paris, not Haiti. I would look good in Dior…

17. Nooter says:

hee hee, that top photo has ‘crasher goat’

18. John J Savo says:

That first pic would be funnier if the goats were attacking the Catholic school girls.

I have friends who have a goat named Billy. They also have a tabby cat named Tiger. Nice people. Not so creative. Anyway, Billy has the most beautiful golden eyes. I so want to cuddle him, but he is a big-ass goat and always tries to knock me down. I always for for men with beautiful eyes who treat me like crap, too.

20. Sparky says:

Great pics! 🙂

21. I think that goat in the first pic is actually laughing at me. As far as the second goat…yeah, I see what you mean, I’ll go with butterfly too. 🙂 Did you know, my avatar is actually a goats eye? My reflection is in the eye.

22. Skye says:

Maybe the goats are actually hired to keep the grass down in that graveyard!?! They get paid in food (ie grass) and no people have to waste their time mowing. It’s a win-win situation. I think I’ll get me some goats so that I don’t have to ever mow anymore. Now there’s a thought 😀

23. CatLadyLarew says:

Awesome goat stuff!

24. Butterfly! Yeah, that’s what they are. . .

25. Owen says:

Hey, just stumbled on this while getting up this morning… what a nice surprise ! Many thanks for the exposure, I hope I won’t have put up more fencing to keep the hordes of wild goats from tearing up my yard when the word gets out…
    😀
    Can’t believe how you manage to find so many goats in the universe… who would’ve guessed there were so many naughty and mischievous goats out there ! Now, am off to lunch, think it’s going to be hot goat cheese on toast…

26. Vickie says:

That first picture is hilarious! It does look like he is hamming it up!! Who knew goats were do gooders.