How I Stole The Emmy from the Leading Competition

Saturday night I did the John Edwards thing and Twittered from the Emmys to keep all the NGIP fans up to date on the latest celebrity sighting, LIVE, as it was happening. I Twittered every 60 seconds, I couldn’t keep up with it all. Eventually I gave up from finger cramps after about two minutes, but BOY! Were you instantly informed there for a while.

First of all, I was wrong about the lack of paparazzi, the place was lousy with ’em.
This is Erin, the co-executive producer for TNGIPVRH  (The Nanny Goats In Panties Virtual Reality Hour) on the red carpet. Poor Erin, none of the paparazzi wanted to take a picture of her, so I kindly offered to shout “Erin! Over here, Erin! Who are you wearing?” and snapped a photo:
Does anybody recognize the two little elfin mop tops in the back? Because for some reason the papas were all over them.

I did manage to walk past Sharon Gless on the red carpet. At least I recognized ONE person. Sheesh! Unfortunately, when I tried to take a picture of her, a couple of her body guards manhandled me like Sean Penn. (Which I suppose for some women, wouldn’t be a bad thing)

Rumor had it that it was going to be a a long ceremony. This photo was taken just before entering the theatre and some people came prepared.

This is the inside of the new Nokia Theatre where the Rat’s Ass Emmys were held (and will be held next week for the real Prime Time Emmys:

After the ceremony, we were led to the Convention Center next door for the Governor’s Ball, where each guest was greeted with a box of big ass chocolate candy bars in their chair (and the first course of shrimp salad, which of course led me to wonder….’How long has that shrimp been sitting there on that room-temperature table?

Then the main course where there was more shrimp, some meat thing with mushrooms and asparagus and fried Mac-n-Cheese. Mmmmmm….mac-n-cheese – that’s what I’m talkin’ about. None o’ this fancy schmancy basil-brushed tenderloin in a wine reduction sauce topped with a smashed red thingy:

And for dessert, “diamonds” of something:

The band and diamond encrusted, Emmy-themed ballroom:

Some woman complimented me on my dress. It was all I could do not to tell her who I was wearing (Dress Barn $39.99). See? People just assume; you’re at a swanky ball, so it must be some hideously expensive designer get-up.

And that was pretty much it….

Oh yeah! You’re probably wondering if I won an Emmy for The Nanny Goats In Panties Virtual Reality Hour.

Does this answer your question?

No? Well what if I tell you that that’s me in the picture, then does it answer your question?

1. 3boys1mommy says:

Unimpressed. I have an Emmy too. I bought it on the corner of Melrose and La Brea… or was that a Guadalajara Dog? Same diff.
    OKAY I lied! Totally impressed, working on my reality hour as we speak. Hang on to your panties Nanny Goat, it’s on like Donkey Kong!

2. Tiggy says:

Way to go!! Congratulations on your historic win!
    You could charge people $5 to hold your statue.

3. AngieSS says:

First of all, CONGRATS! Second, for us new to NGIP what the heck is The Nanny Goats In Panties Virtual Reality Hour? What have I been missing? :}

4. I’ve had those fried macaroni and cheese balls! I even blogged about them. My local Whole Foods sells them. I guess that’s not as great as getting an Emmy, tho. Congratulations!

5. Bee says:

CONGRATS!! :o)
    And the dress is very purrty!

6. Amyoops says:

That is so cool. COngrats

7. chat blanc says:

woohoo! swanky time at the Emmy’s. hey, did you take your flask too? 😉

8. gingela5 says:

Wow congrats! That’s exciting!

9. Meg says:

You and your dress rock. Congrats!!!
    And I would be one of those women happy to be manhandled by Sean Penn. I mean, I love the guy’s p…olitics.

10. lynette says:

Well you go girl! And I was right down the street and had no idea they were having a fancy to-do.

11. p.s. that’s FOR SURE Zack and Cody. You can tell by the one on the right.

12. Wait, for real? Did you for real win that?
    Good LAWD, girl! Congratulations!

13. muskrat says:

you’re more famous than billy the kidd AND the folks he shot!
    congrats!

14. dana says:

Now I know why the stars are so skinny. Don’t they deserve KFC too??

15. Sigh, are Emmys as heavy as they say they are? It looks heavy. Sparkly too. Sigh.

16. georgie says:

I think thats zac and cody too…and you tottally rocked out the Dress Barn dress!

17. kirsten says:

You’re not going to let this go to your head, are you?! Remember all your friends who knew you when!
    Thanks for the pictures. That was cool!

18. phhhst says:

Does anyone remember the Friends episode where Joey steal the “Soapy.”
    Nah, but really, fun post. You should ahve gone around after people started leaving and swiped the left behind chocolate…

19. ali says:

zack and cody. 100%

20. MJ says:

How exciting!!!! Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!

21. wlk says:

i have GAD so all that elbow rubn stuff freaks me out. lol.
    congrats on your prize!
    i was a bit confussed at first but i think i got it all figured out now.
    those two boys do have mop tops for sure. lol.

22. Alex L. says:

Yeah so thats you in the photo… but did you win?

23. Oooooooh, shiny …….

24. Thanks for the Emmy Twitters. That sort of sounds like a disease, now, doesn’t it? Anyway…Congrats on the award. Now don’t go getting a big head and forget us “little people”.

25. Damn, I leave a message about how confused I am and then it goes to that page that tells you “sorry but all your words just disappeared..lol…good luck remembering what you wrote the first time” which I don’t. Swanky dress, though and is that your real smile or is that your cheesy award winning grin?

26. Preston says:

OMG! You’re famous! You’re a really famous person and not one of those pseudo, self-hyped reality star wannabe famous person types either. I’ve got goosebumps! Gee, the only other famous person I’ve met was Cher but that’s a terribly long story that involves an ex with tatoos…

27. Sounds like so much fun! Why didn’t you ask me to be your date? I like shrimp. And diamonds. Maybe I like diamonds more than shrimp. In any case, I would have made a fun date.

28. Jamie says:

You publicty hussy!! Congrats, but next year I do believe you should take me along. I could help you tear that place up, well that or get us arrested. It just would be a publicty stunt. Then we could blog and twitter from jail!? Now ask yourself..has that been done?? Nope we would be pioneers (insert evil laugh)
    No but really…congrats

29. Mojo says:

Just remember we knew you when!
    (and hey… you’re pretty hot in that dress…)

30. annette says:

Yay NGIP!!! Wow, can I rub elbows with you? Perhaps just virtual elbows??? What fun! This is as close as I’m likely to get to being there..thanks for sharing the experience.

31. Jenn says:

Ah Fame… Thanks for the behind-the-scenes tour, Margaret, and congrats on your Emmy. Pretty soon you will be too good to talk to the rest of us. 🙂
    By the way, tell us– how was the chocolate? 🙂

32. ByJane says:

who did you swipe that statue from, NGIP???? The law’s after you…

33. Erin says:

I’ve got the same photo (in fact, two) of you on the red carpet – the papparazzi must have been on a union break. Gearing up for Tom Hanks’ arrival…

34. Brittany says:

I want to say YAY! to the Emmy, but I am too hungry for the shrimp!
    Did you meet Kathy Griffin?

35. Tricia says:

I just want to know where I can tune into the NGIPVRH. For goodness sake, you’re holding out again.

36. honeywine says:

I just want the food. That looks sooo good!

37. merlotmom says:

actually, I’m not sure that’s Zack and Cody…believe me, I see them every day in my family room, not sure that was them.
    what exactly did you win the emmy for??? congratulations, can I hold it?

38. Ken Geraths says:

OMG!!. I’m so proud of you!!!.
    Really that is great. If you need a shelf made to hold that thig you just let me know!
    You go girl.
    Ken,

39. Melizzard says:

That’s Zach and Cody from Disney Channel fame, trying not to look like they rapidly turning into smarmy teenagers.